(Post Production) Illustrator: Wrapping Text.

To add to the realism of my digipak, I decided to have text wrap around the CD I created to make it look more like a real CD, as many CD's throughout the years have this on the front with information about where it was made, who made it, the rights, etc. The images below show the process I went through when using Adobe Illustrator to wrap text around my CD, giving a step-to-step guide of what I did to show you how easy it is and to show evidence of one of the many steps I took when creating my digipak.

Step 1: This shows my second draft digipak beforehand.

Step 2: I began by selecting the Ellipse Tool in order to create a circle.

Step 3: I then made a circle (in blue) around my CD.

Step 4: I make it slightly larger so that it fits perfectly onto my CD.

Step 5: I then select the 'Type on a Path' tool and click on the circle I created.

Step 6: I then wrote all of the information I wanted around my CD until it made a complete circle.
Step 7: This shows my digipak after the text wrapping, which you can see looks much more professional as it looks just like how it does on a real CD.
By Harry Luke Mulvany

No comments:

Post a Comment