(Post Production) Photoshop: Editing Image.

During the process of making my digipak I used Photoshop in the same way as I did the iPhone app ColorSplash by editing the photo so that Simona is in colour while the background is in black and white. The images below show the process I went through to do this, which I will then use towards my digipak for when I make my second draft.

Step 1: This shows the image before being edited.
Step 2: I then selected Layer > Duplicate Layer in order to create a new layer.
Step 3: You can now see on the right that there is a new layer named 'Background copy'.

Step 4: I then went to Image > Adjustments > Black & White and turned the whole image black and white.

Step 5: This is the image now it is all black and white.

Step 6: I then clicked on the eraser tool and selected 'Background Eraser Tool'.

Step 7: This allowed me to colour any part of the image I wanted. The image shows how I began colouring Simona.

Step 8: After completely colouring in just Simona, this is what it looks like.

Step 9: This shows the final image after leaving just Simona in colour, making her and the guitar stand out the most in the picture over everything else.
By Harry Luke Mulvany

No comments:

Post a Comment