(Post Production) Back Cover Research.

As the song is originally sung by The Carpenters and I can find no information of albums of my artist, I chose to research one of their albums to help structure a song list for my digipak. The album I chose was a self titled album which was released on May 17th 1971 and featured the song 'Superstar' which I used for my music video. The image to the left shows the album's cover and back in which I will use a number of the songs for my digipak to make it seem more authentic, showing an intertexual reference to the Carpenters' hit in comparison to the more recent version of the song that I used as sung by Astor Fong. Due to lack of space, not all the songs on the Carpenters' album will be used on my digipak. I have decided that I will not mention any of the "Bacharach/David Medley" songs on disk two, but just state that their was a medley. Many albums these days also give a 'bonus track', which gives the impression to the audience that they are getting more for their money. Taking this into consideration, I also decided to make the song 'Sometimes' at the very end a bonus track.

By Harry Luke Mulvany

No comments:

Post a Comment