(Post Production) Record Company Research.

While creating my digipak, I have done some research into record companies to see which one would best fit my artist ad she is in the folk genre. Going back to my research into the fonts of bands and artists, one of the bands I looked at was She & Him. From looking at this band I saw that they had a record deal with Merge Records, so I looked up this record company to see what kind of bands and artist they signed. From looking at their website (mergerecords.com), I saw straight away that they had record deals with lots of many other folk artists and bands. Therefore I decided that this record company would be the best to use on my digipak and advert like my artist is signed to them as she fits the criteria that the company clearly look for in signing somebody due to being a folk artist. As well as this, I researched what websites are popular and would most likely sell my artist's songs, including iTunes, HMV, Play.com and Amazon. I also researched more popular records companies and I found that two very popular ones are Columbia records and Sony BMG, so I also decided to I'm going to add them to my digipak and advert as it brings popularity to my artists because they are well known companies.

By Harry Luke Mulvany

No comments:

Post a Comment