Wednesday 18th January 2012.


Today I continued from what I had started on Monday, and went through my music video several times to find appropriate places to place the footage that I took on Sunday. Today I found a place for the majority of the footage and moved on to editing the colour of some of my clip in my music video so far. I have already created a first and second draft, however I am yet to post a 3rd draft including shots that were taken with my actor. I also decided to edit the colour of some shots that I am sure are being kept for my final draft. One problem that I encountered during this was that, as I mentioned earlier on my blog, I previously encountered trouble when editing my music video in Final Cut Express. As everything was made into one sequence and I had to continue editing even though some of my footage was as one sequence, this made it hard to edit the colour of certain clips when specific clips are stuck together. For example in the first version of my music video at the lyric, 'Your guitar, it sounds so sweet and clear' and I transitioned from a close-up of the eyes and a side shot, I had to re-create that whole part as it was as one sequence and I couldn't edit the specific clips when they were as one sequence. This had to be done for a few sections of my music video that were as one sequence. Evidence of how it came as one sequence and I had to split it several times is shown in the image above with the 2 split sequences on the timeline.

By Harry Luke Mulvany

No comments:

Post a Comment