Moodboard of Ideas.


I created this moodboard to show the initial ideas I have for my music video. Themes I am thinking of include love and betrayal, which can be shown by the images of the heart carved in the tree reading 'I Love You', and the girl with her head in her hands looking distressed and upset. The ideas of possible locations include the image of a warehouse, the image of me (from last year's course) standing with a guitar by a tree in Epping Forest, and the image of a stage with a chair in the centre and a spotlight on it. The warehouse image reflects the first idea I had for my music video by having the artist tied up in a mysterious place, and the spotlight with a chair reflects the second idea I had of maybe having her perform to an audience. The ideas of characters I have include somebody simular to Florence + The Machine, or more feasibly Janet Devlin from The X Factor, which can both be shown by the images on my moodboard. This shows the type of character that I would like my actress to portray, being a girl that is pretty yet very innocent and natural looking. 

The image in the top-right corner shows an image of my actual actress. She does not exactly fit in with the image of Florence or Janet with the light curly hair, however she is clearly very pretty and and has a look to her that is very natural. I have chosen not to use many props in my music video, so only one prop is present throughout my moodboard, that being a guitar. This is seen in many images including the image in the top-left showing a man playing the guitar, and the image in the bottom-right showing The Honey Tree's covering their version of 'Moon River'. The visual iconography that is shown through my initial ideas include the playing of a guitar, and the naturalism of the characters which I have both explained above. These reflect the genre of my song (Folk), as well as a 70's theme with an image of Nancy Sinatra performing and an image of Angelina Jolie in the movie 'Girl, Interrupted', which was set around that time. From this, I'm planning to create my synopsis and annotate the lyrics with potential filming ideas.
By Harry Luke Mulvany

No comments:

Post a Comment