Advert (Draft 2).


The image above shows the second draft for my advert. It is clear that there is a significant difference between my first draft and my second. As I mentioned when I posted my first draft, I wasn't pleased with the layout I had created. Therefore I looked back at the adverts I had analysed and decided to change the layout to make it more conventional. Looking at the 'Devendra Banhart' advert I analysed, I have chosen a layout more similar to that, by using a  beige colour and having an image in the centre of the advert with the rest plain to add significance to the image. I have also added the majority of information about the album at the bottom of the advert including the logos of record labels and details about the album with websites affiliated with the artist. Another thing I did which is clear by looking at the advert is create a frame which I placed around my image to add to the significance of the image. This is a convention of folk adverts due to the frame being quite old-fashioned, linking to the naturalism of the genre as older times are viewed as being quite simplistic due to the lack of technology and skyscrapers that are existent today.

This all links together as the font is seen as quite old-fashioned too, creating a link to the simplistic lifestyle of people in the early 1900's and even some southern states of the USA today hence why folk music is popular in areas such as Texas. I have decided to follow the rule of thirds with the image on my advert by having the artist to the right instead of in the centre, thus creating a link to my music video as it signifies the loneliness she clearly felt at being trapped in a warehouse, as well as the fact that the images were taken at the same location as the music video was filmed. Taking into account that this is my second draft, I have only 1 thing left to change in order to create my final. I am going to edit the image that I have featured on my advert so that she is in colour as the rest is in black and white. This will therefore create a strong link between my ancillary texts as I will be using that same effect on the images used for my digipak, making the advert easily recognisable due to the associations that can be made between products.
By Harry Luke Mulvany

No comments:

Post a Comment