Final Location.




 



The images above show the warehouse location in which I will be shooting my music video. From looking at the previous post, I was intending on using the Drama Pod as my location due to not getting permission to use the other warehouse. However when talking to a friend who lives close to the place above, they mentioned it as a possible place to film. The reason I chose this place as my final location is because permission is not needed in order to access and use it, and also it is perfect for my idea I had of the artist being tied up in an abandoned location, which can be seen in my animatic. This location is actually a small walk down the road from the previous idea I had being the warehouse on Westferry Road, Isle of Dogs. To go with the first idea I had, the location I needed had to give off a very deserted and eerie feel. This location is perfect for that as it is clearly deserted and also has a very mysterious feel, especially the images showing the very thin branches hanging from the roof, which is the exact atmosphere I am looking for in a location.

As my narrative describes my actress's 'ex-boyfriend' tying her up and leaving her somewhere, this location is very good at showing that as it look very abandoned which represents my actress being abandoned and left on her own, and also reflects the abandonment the artist feels which can be told by the lyric, 'You said you'd be coming back this way again baby.' Therefore I have made the decision that I will be sticking with the concept that I created in my animatic and will not be using the idea of having her perform to an audience in the Drama Pod.

By Harry Luke Mulvany

No comments:

Post a Comment