Music Video: Idea 2 Inspiration.


The video above shows the music video to the song Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. This video inspired me for my second idea of having the artist perform to an audience because of the location and shots that are used at the beginning when the band are on the stage, which is very similar to the Drama Pod location that I may be using. As a potential idea of mine is to film my music video there with the chairs all layed out, that shows a clear connection between those images that I took and this video. It inspired me to open my video with a panning shot starting at the doors of the Drama Pod, and slowly walking up to the artist who is sitting in a chair in front of the audience (who will be seated in the row of chairs) just like the in this video. This editing technique of walking right up to the stage inspired me to want to do the same, as it creates more of a natural and real feeling like it is the viewer that is walking to the stage and not a camera.
By Harry Luke Mulvany

1 comment:

  1. Explain what in particular is inspiring you. Is it a particular camera movement, performance, setting, editing style, atmosphere?

    ReplyDelete